Saturday, March 20, 2010

Card Making Chain Reaction

I am a little different thinking than most, I think. I started off using a color scheme from PTI (colors from the anniversary color challenge) as my inspiration.

I am not one to leave scraps around.  I really try hard to consume whole sheets of pattern paper in one sitting - even if it means making 4 or 5 or 6 cards from it.  So, when I made the cuts to start this card, I kept going until I used what I had cut.
Here is a visual of what I did.  One cut used to make 6 various cards.  That is one same measurement cut and not cutting all these at the same time.  :)  Just thought I would clarify.

Now all I have to do is make the cards and I am done.  So, what did I come up with . . . . I think it is amazing at how different yet similar they turned out.  Here is the first set:

I used the moss/kraft combo for this card.  But to stay true to my original inspiration, I added ocean tides and dark chocolate.
Stamps: Turning a New Leaf (PTI), Wishful Elegance (Verve), Border Stamps (Stampabilities)
Paper: Kraft, Ocean Tides, Spring Moss (PTI)
Ink: Dark Chocolate, Ocean Tides (PTI)
Other: Marvy Scallop Punch, EK Success 1.5 inch Punch, Brown Grosgrain

No comments: