Saturday, July 21, 2012

SAF Friendship Badge

I am impressed at the paper beads.  They have an interesting look.  I am so glad I was able to participate in this challenge.  I decided to branch out and try something.  I made my own paper to make my own color scheme.

I took some regular computer paper.  I then cut it to size.  I stamped a variety of backgrounds to match the theme of the bracelet - Red, White, and Blue.  I'm not sure if it is the Olympics coming up.  Or maybe it was because we just celebrated the 4th of July.  But, I have been drawn to that color scheme for a couple of months now.  

Here are the papers that I stamped.

Here is a closeup.
I die cut them with the PTI bead dies just like you would with their bead paper.  I used the same technique just with my own paper.  This is what came from it.
I am really excited about this bracelet.  I am planning on gifting it to my sister-in-law tonight.  They love July 4th and all things American.  I hope she likes it and can use it.

I also made the traditional PTI Bead Paper bracelet.  It turned out very elegant in my opinion.  At least my 5 year old daughter thinks it is Bee-you-ti-Ful!!!  :)



This was another great challenge.  Thanks to the PTI team for such an inspiring day.  I am going out for a while with my amazing husband - just the two of us!!  I will hopefully be back later tonight to finish up some more projects.  Until then . . . 

2 comments:

Nichole Heady said...

These both turned out STUNNING LeAnn! You should be really proud of your accomplishment, and the first time you've ever tried this technique nonetheless! I bet your SIL will love that patriotic bracelet!

- elbeth - said...

Wow!!! So beautiful bracelets!
I am especially in love with the papers you created yourself. I love how the bracelets turned out!