Thursday, February 03, 2011

Days and Days and Days

It has been days!!!  Days!!!  DAYS!!!!  Yes, it has been days since I left my house.  If you haven't heard, my kids and I all came down with the flu last week.  YUCK!!!  As we were somewhat coming out of the flu coma we were in, the blizzard hit.  DAYS!!!  :)  Despite the weather, my mood, and how I felt, I of course still found a little crafty time.  That is just how I roll!

I have a really fun (and deceptively easy) card to share today.  I was trying for a little bit more mature card.  So, although a stretch creatively, I was super happy with the results.  I stamped the flower directly on the pattern paper.  Then, I took my copics and added just a slight shadow on the petals to give it some dimension.  Easy-peasy!  I will definitely revisit this idea again.  The tone on tone effect is beautiful and a whole lot easier.

Supplies - All Papertrey Ink unless noted:
Stamps: Psalm (Verve Stamps); In Bloom
Paper: Bitty Dots, Vintage Cream
Ink: Smokey Shadow, Spring Rain
Other:  Ribbon (Hobby Lobby); Jewels (Hobby Lobby); Spiral Notebook Die; Copics

Thanks for looking!  I hope you have a WARM and safe day!

2 comments:

Debbie Gaydos said...

LeAnn, this is gorgeous. GORGEOUS! I loooove the tone-on-tone of stamping/coloring the flower on patterned paper. I SO have to try that. Lovely verse, too. Thanks for the inspiration!

Mariana said...

WOW this is a beautiful card! And the sentiment is just perfect for a mom who has been trapped inside the house for day! I know I am just like you, this is day 3 off school!! Good luck to you!