Friday, December 31, 2010

2010 Year in Review

I was just looking through several weeks of Google Reader blogs.  I have been loving the "Top 10" posts that so many are posting.  I wanted to join the fun, but I would like to do it with a twist.  Yeah, I always like to change things up - it's how I roll.  :)

2010 has been a year of abundant blessing, much growth, many memories, a few tears (at times with much pain), and a year that I will always cherish.  Instead of picking my top 10, which is probably the last 10 cards I made, I wanted to do a year in review.  Just like life, my card making is a process.  One that is full of growth, sometimes pain, and many great memories.  So enjoy my stroll through 2010 while I choose a card that I made each month.

For January, I choose to share this card for the first time on my blog.  Yes, I do have things I don't blog about.  It happens; it happens more than I would want.

Credits:  All papers and elements from Birthday Boogie by Miss Mint at Peppermint Creative

My February favorite is really a picture I took of several cards I made.  This was for an order of many cards.  I might have shared one or two of these, but most are unseen.

I would love to include credits, but this would be crazy.  If you have something you want to know about, ask me in the comments and I will be sure to give you an answer.

March - I really need to use those butterflies more.  They are so beautiful!

Original Post Here

April - I was really starting to get into coloring with my Copics.

Original Post Here

May

Original Post Here

June - I love using so things from so many sources!

Original Post Here

July

Original Post Here

August

Original Post Here

September - I was trying to make all the teachers a card.  I still haven't finished.  *crawling into my shell*

Original Post Here

October

Original Post Here

November

Original Post Here

December

Original Post Here

Thanks for joining me in my stroll through the year.  It is so fun to see my style, growth, and change throughout the year.  I would have to say that I have finally found my "voice" in card making.  So much of what I did do was bad, a copy, or heavily inspired.  I am still inspired and influenced by many of you, Nicole Heady, and so many in the PTI community.

Goodbye 2010.  Welcome 2011 - I cannot wait to see what you bring.  (may it be a whole lot of crafting money and time *wink*)

6 comments:

Christina said...

What a lovely collection of cards! I think my favorite is August, with the soft colors and gorgeous stamping. Thanks for sharing, and Happy New Year!

Melissa said...

Such a beautiful lineup of cards!! Your August card is stunning!

Jen Carter said...

Wow. Lots of great cards here! How do I chose a favorite? I love the teacher's card! Your use of patterns and shapes on this is so fun! I also LOVE the Verve sun set that you had made for your husband! I loved it when you first post it and love it still! I adore all that color!! :)

Leigh Ann Baird said...

I love the year in review idea! Thanks for sharing your fabulous creations! I hope 2011 brings you much crafting money! LOL

Dana said...

WOW. SOme of these cards are really lovely Leann. August's blew me away.
It was nice looking through all your creations.

Tigriswillreign said...

Your Jan and Oct cards are my fav!! Just stunning!