Saturday, November 27, 2010

Wishing You

I am sharing the cards from the gift set I shared yesterday.  I made these for my sister.  She has such a distinct style and taste.  I would describe her as charming, nodding toward old world, slightly rustic, yet very sophisticated.  I honestly thought these cards were "her".

For my card, I used some luscious pinefeather felt.  I finally broke down and ordered Papertrey Ink's Pinefeather.  Oh my!!  It is such a great color - ribbons, paper, and felt.  I don't have a need for many Christmas stamps and haven't been able to justify a purchase of a snowflake set.  I have wanted a set for so long, but would only use them sparingly.  So, I thought and thought.  I used the Giga Guidelines 2 to mimic a snowflake.  It worked!  Did you even notice?  I love it when I make these little bitty discoveries.


Thanks for stopping by.  It has been a crazy busy weekend, but I have had a great holiday.  Maybe I can run over to my sisters and see if I can snap a quick picture of the tags that were also a part of this gift set. If you are interested, One Week With . . . starts Monday.  Otherwise, it will be blogging as usual here on my blog.

- All Papertrey Ink unless noted -
Stamps: Tree Trimming Trio, Giga Guidelines II
Ink: Fresh Snow, New Leaf
Paper: Kraft
Other: Pinefeather Felt, Vintage Cream/Fresh Snow Buttons, Rustic Twine, Tree Trimming Trio Die

No comments: