Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Extreme Blog Makeover

I haven't been happy with the look of my blog since I began it almost a year ago. I guess it is just one of those things that I could never get quite right. I would spend countless hours tweaking, designing, thinking, moving . . . to no avail. I finally took an approach that I use when I craft. So, I am not 100% happy about it, I am about 90% pleased overall. I realized that I needed to use colors that make me happy and a style that appeals to me instead of trying to "be" a certain type of blog. I think this convey's who I am about more so than any other style I have used thus far.

I can't help but feel that I need to post a picture each time I post. So, here is the first page in my daughter's year one book. Each year of my children's lives, I create a book showcasing that year featuring only them (well mostly). I have it professionally printed and bound into a book. It is a fun project that I try to keep up with. I am WAY behind at the moment. So, expect that I will be working on their books.

Credits: All the papers are mine. The swirl overlay is from Shabby Princess. The font is Albermarle.

Yes, here she is only a few hours old. I think this is the most precious picture I have of her.

No comments: