Sunday, November 04, 2012

Thankful for Teachers

I am so thankful for great teachers that come to work each and every day to educate my sweet babies (ok, not so baby as my 3rd and 1st grader, but you understand).  We have some amazing teachers, and I wanted to do something for them this year before the official Christmas season kicks off.  So, I made all of them a goodie bag with a couple of gift cards and a piece of candy or two.  I hope they enjoy their Christmas a touch early this year.  I thought it would a way for them to enjoy their treats and use all the gift cards on all the great pre-Christmas sales.

So, what did I come up with?  Well, let me show you.


I made this little gift sack from a regular lunch sack.  I cut it down and dressed it all up in Thankful, Christmasy paper crafting goodness.  Both of my kids have 4 (Yes, you read correctly, FOUR) classroom teachers.  Not aids, certified teachers.  Then you throw in the amazing secretary (who is amazing by the way) and the PE teacher (who is my son's favorite PE teacher so far) and the music teacher . . . and I made 11 of these puppies.  I still need to get some more gift cards, but I have a little time before Thanksgiving (which is my goal to have these done and delivered).  Each teacher is getting a Sonic gift card.  Otherwise, we are somewhat tailoring it to the teacher as to what we get.  Fun!

Look at that amazing decoration.  It was so super easy and relatively quick.  As I cheated.  It is actually a digital image that I put together and then printed 11.  Yeah!!  I also made the tags with the names, printed them, and then punched them out with a 1.75 inch circle punch.  So, this project went a bit quicker than you would think.

Credits:  Brown Lunch Sack, White Tissue Paper: Target; Digital Papers and Word Art: Connie Prince (you can get the digital kit at GingerScraps); Black Gingham Ribbon and Scallop Circle Die Cut (Limitless Layers): Papertrey Ink; Red Ribbon: Hobby Lobby.

Thanks for stopping by.

1 comment:

Sandra H said...

This is totally stunning x