Wednesday, February 01, 2012

Project Life 2011

Once again, I was able to complete my Project Life for last year or 2011.  Although I don't do a full on Project 365, I get pretty close (well, for the most part).  My goal is to just take pictures of our life and family.

After a year's worth of hard work . . . my book arrived today!!!



I ordered again from Blurb.  I was in love with my 2010 Project Life book.  So, it was a no brainer where I would get mine from this year.  I am super pleased with the quality and the turn around time.

Here is a little peek inside.




If you are interested, here is some random information about what I do and how it gets from photo to awesome book in 365 days.

I take LOTS of photos.  I always have.  I don't stress about taking a photo a day, but I really try to, on purpose, capture as many things behind the lens as possible.

I have used Weeds and Wildflowers stuff for my last 2 books.  Let me just say that it is FABULOUS!!!  Gina, who I think owns Weeds, is the best!  The girls at the Weedpatch (the Weeds and Wildflowers forum) are amazing.  They are so helpful, so nice, and so willing to help and share.  This year I used the Every{day} Life line of products.  I really love how big the photos turn out.  Last year I used the Sweet and Simple Line of products and although I was super pleased, the Every{day} Life blew it out of the water.  The focus is really on the photos, then the journaling, and then the decoration.  The best part is that you can get as decorated or sophisticated as you choose.  If you are like me and like the CAS style, it is super easy.  If you prefer more embellishment, it is pretty easy to add decorative papers, elements, word art, and title.  What I love the most is when you open my book, you will SEE the photos.  They take center stage.

I format my book as follows: a monthly title page, a 2 page spread for the 1st to the 7th, a 2 page spread for the 8th to the 14th, a 2 page spread for the 15th to the 21st, a 2 page spread for the 22nd to the 28th, a single page for the 29th to the 31st (or 30th).  I do add a couple of title pages at the front and an ending page at the very end.  But that is just my preference.  If I only have 2 photos for a particular week, I roll with it.  If I have 10 photos I want to include for a particular week, I go with that too.  I don't stress about it at all.  I do like to add as much journaling as possible.  I have learned through the years of scrapbooking that the journaling completes the story.

There are times when I do make a single book about a single thing.  For instance, when we take a big vacation, I include some of those photos in my yearly book.  But, I then go back and make a book about that particular vacation with extra details and lots and lots of photos.  I also make smaller books for my children that cover a year in their life.  Again, some of the same photos end up in both books.  In my kids' books, I do a lot more detail and journaling about them specifically.  So, there is a page in their book about their school information: teacher, grade, friends, favorite subjects, etc.  I also include a 2 page spread about football season: coach, team photo, highlights, memories, and lots of action shots.

I work very hard at doing it as the year progresses.  The secret to my success is to do it.  :)  Easy, right?  I work hard to catch back up if I begin to lag behind.  This has been a HUGE help.  I assemble my Project Life book in the Blurb software all along the way.  It keeps me from having to format 120 pages all at once.  I can do it little by little as I go.  Also, my kids' books start and end in August of each year.  It is opposite of my P365.  It allows me some time to finish up and tweak anything without the burden of 4 books due all at once.  I do the vacation books along the way as well.

Thanks for looking.  If you have any questions, I would love to help you be successful at your very own book.  My family and I have greatly enjoyed the books that I have made.  You can do it if you really want to.  I spend about 1 to 2 hours per month on my Project Life book.  That is totally doable, and I would love to help you have a book of memories of your own.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You book is great! Congrats!! It looks awesome!