Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Happy Valentine's Day

As tradition would hold, I sent my children off to school today with special handmade valentine's.  This year my son put his design preferences on them and my daughter ultimately followed.  Although, I wish she would have stuck with her original idea of glitter swirls and hearts.  BUT, I love making things for the kids and love seeing them sparkle when they see the finished product.

Here is what we came up with:



My son really liked the idea of the "You Rock" with the guitar and was super excited that I had a "Dude, You Rock" stamp.  So, we went with the "Dude You Rock" and Red Guitars for the boys and the "You Rock" with Pink guitars for the girls.  50 valentine's later and I was done.

I hope the kids love them, but I am pretty certain that they will end up at the bottom of the trash can this side of next week.  :)  Either way, I had fun designing them with the kids and spending some much needed crafty time.

Supplies - All Papertrey Ink unless noted
Paper - White Sam's Club 80lb card stock
Stamps - My Hero My Dad, Heart Prints, Boy Basics: Rock On, Signature Greetings
Ink - Smokey Shadow, Raspberry Fizz, Pure Poppy, True Black
Dies - Rock On

2 comments:

Sandra H said...

Wow these are amazing:) Sandra H

Lisa-24-7 said...

Those are very cool cards. I didn't go that fancy, but I made cards for my preschool kids I work with, and even as I made them I knew they'd get thrown away at some point. That's sad to think about, but I bet they'll appreciate those cards when they first get them :)