Tuesday, April 19, 2011

A Few Random Cards

I have two cards to share today that are inspired by my blog and another that is a new technique.  3 Cards in one day!!  :)


I hand cut all the little pieces for this card except the circle.  I cheated and used a punch.

I punched the flowers and hand cut the cloud.


Now, if you read my blog regularly, you know I am not a perfect stamper.  I try, but it doesn't always work out.  :)  I wasn't going to share this card, but I sometimes find it helpful for me when I look back at my work.  I like to see how I have grown - whether the technique worked out or not.

I have been working for WEEKS on getting the blending technique.  This was my very first attempt.  The day I made this card, I drove to Hobby Lobby, spent more money than I wanted, and walked out with a Tim Holtz blending tool and pads.  It was after several weeks of disappointment that Betsy Veldman made the PTI Make It Monday video.  I watched it; I watched in again.  Then it hit me.  I had bought the felt pads and should have purchased the foam pads.  LIGHTBULB!!!

I have the new pads and have been itching to try it again.  Hopefully, I will get to it and share my results.  Oh, live and learn!

Supplies - All Papertrey Ink unless noted:
Card #1 and #2
Paper: Stampers Select White, Spring Rain; Pattern Paper (My Minds Eye)
Stamps: Inside and Out Happy Birthday, With Sympathy, Up Up and Away
Other: Sunshine Impression Plate, Stickles, EK Success Punches, and Dollar Store Jewels
Card #3
Ink: Spring Rain, Simply Chartreuse, Lemon Tart
Stamps: Fillable Frames, Fancy Flourishes
Other: Butterfly Sticker (Sam's from the Office Supply section)

No comments: