Wednesday, August 15, 2012

A Year in the Life

I have shared a little hear and there about my digital scrapping. My blog has mainly been about my card making endeavors, but I would like to branch out from time to time. Today would be one of those days. I was applying for a blog team position with a digital scrapbook designer that I really like, and it hit me that I don't blog about my digital scrapbooking. I don't really know why except that I am, for the most part, a private person. It is like bearing my heart and my soul. But, I would like to share what divides my crafting time.


I had this idea a couple of weeks ago. I wanted to make a book for my mom about our family for each year. It is like a yearbook so to speak. She has 9 grandkids and 3 great-grandkids. So, she doesn't have room to put up that many photos. And face it, in this digital world, it seems counter-intuitive to print photos. Where do you put them once they are printed? How do you store them? If you do put them in traditional photo albums, how do you mark them for date, occasion, or faces. If you put the info on the back of the photo, you are forced with removing them from the album to find out any info. Ok, you get the point. So, I think making this for her will be genius. And, if I am already doing one, I can just print one more and give it to my mother-in-law. Brilliant! Or so I think. I'll let you know.


Here are my January, February, and March pages. Enjoy!




yearinlife_jan.jpg




yearinlife_feb.jpg




yearinlife_mar.jpg


I used the 8.5 X 11 templates from Weeds and Wildflowers Everyday Life Series. The digital kits are from the Capture Life series by Tracie Stroud.


I would share my April, May, June, and July pages. But . . . they are not done. I will catch up eventually. Thanks for looking today at a small peek into my world - or at least the other side of my crafty world.



No comments: