Friday, April 06, 2007

It's the Little Things

I was looking through some of the cards that I have received or made for various swaps and things. As I was looking through, I began to wonder what made some of the cards really stick out to me and others sorda fade into the rest. For me, and I empahsize the for me part, it is all about the details that add demension and interest. I went through my archives and found this card I made. I would like you to take a look at the original design.



I love the different patterns that I used. I not a big fan of the colors, but otherwise a nice card.

Now look what happens when I add a little ribbon.


Now think if I were to use some pop dots and really push those circles out a bit. I could also add some brads or buttons to bring even more interest to the card. It would make this card pop.

Not my favorite card, but I really think you can still get the idea that the little things made the difference.

1 comment:

Marcie Marziali said...

good point Leann! That ribbon especially really added to that card! Thanks for showing that.....helps alot!